Friday, March 05, 2010

An Interesting Week

I knew I'd be terrible at updating my blog!

We had a very full week last week. Many ups and downs. I have never been so emotional. 

First the ups. Alaura turned 5! We took her to get her ears pierced to celebrate, and she is very proud! She picked purple, because it's her birthstone. She looks very grown up. We also got her pictures taken, which turned out gorgeous (I will post soon). She had a birthday party and Mom decided to get creative (BRAVE) and made her giant cupcake cakes! She was spoiled rotten of course!

Now the downs. Really there is only one, but it's a big one. Chris lost his job. The government contract that he works on was not renewed, and with no warning on Thursday he was sent packing. We have survived week one. He has applied for 3 jobs all ready, and has registered with Workforce Services for unemployment. It is a scary thing, realizing that he isn't working. I guess on the plus side he'll have some major bonding time with our girls. Cross your fingers and pray for us. I hope it will work out soon.

2 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

You'll be in our prayers! Something will come up soon, I have a feeling:) Love you Kell!

Our Family of Four said...

You'll be in our prayers! Something will come up soon, I have a feeling:) Love you Kell!